- Introduction This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) provides information on the personal data processing by LDH Europe B.V. (“LDH Europe”)
LDH Europe is registered with the Dutch trade register as follows:
LDH Europe B.V.
3011 XZ Rotterdam
Chamber of Commerce number: 69251703
Telephone number: +31(0)108001598 / +31(0)108001599
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries and inquiries about this Privacy Statement, please contact: email@example.com.
- Applicability of Privacy Statement This Privacy Statement applies to the personal data (“Personal Data”) that may directly or indirectly identify a natural person. This Privacy Statement sets out the elements necessary for LDH EUROPE’s compliance with applicable privacy legislation, principles and practice, including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (“Applicable Laws”). This Privacy Statement is an external Privacy Statement regarding Personal Data th
at is being processed by or on behalf of LDH EUROPE, including but not limited to the Personal Data collected via the website(s) of LDH EUROPE (the “Website(s)“).
- Categories of Personal Data Personal Data mentioned herein refers to all kinds of information related to a natural person that is transmitted to, collected by, or otherwise processed by LDH EUROPE. LDH EUROPE acts as the data controller, within the meaning of the Applicable Laws. This is the case when LDH EUROPE determines the purpose and the means for the processing of Personal Data. The categories of Personal Data /LDH EUROPE processes include:
- contact details, such as: first name, last name, stage name, e-mail address, telephone number; mobile phone number, address, country of residence;
- personal and employment details, such as: nationality, age, date of birth, occupation, resume, biography, any DJ or producing experience, signed to a label (yes/no), signed to a management company (yes/no);
- details collected from our Websites, such as: date and time of access to the Website, internet protocol address (IP address), log-in details and log-in history;
- financial details, such as: history of purchases or services and payment and bank account details; and
- other miscellaneous details, such as: what monitors you use, social media channels, your photo, a photo of production set up, participation and input in (remix) contests, video images.
- Legal grounds, purposes and retention periods LDH EUROPE processes your Personal Data on the basis of several legal grounds and for several purposes as stated below.
- a. Legitimate interests We use your Personal Data for the following legitimate interests for:
- to publicly display and make available certain information and material on the Website (where relevant for a remix contest operated by LDH EUROPE (“Contest”) and announcement of a winner of such Contest) and in any promotional materials associated with the Websites in relation to a Contest;
- communicating with you in relation to a Contest and your entry into a Contest; and
- providing the (corresponding) prize (in case of winning a Contest).
- b. Consent
- submitting your entry into a Contest; and
- maintaining our talent pool.
- c. Legal obligation
In this respect, we retain the Personal Data of a winner of a Contest for a period of seven years after the end of a Contest.
- Purpose limitation Personal Data may only be processed to the extent necessary for the purposes described above under paragraph 4. Personal Data may in principle not be processed for other purposes other than that for which the Personal Data were collected. If there is a necessity or need to process Personal Data for other (new) purposes, LDH EUROPE shall provide you prior to that further processing with information on that other (new) purpose.
- Security of Personal Data LDH EUROPE handles Personal Data carefully and with confidentially and uses all suitable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Data. In order to protect Personal Data and prevent leakage, loss, misuse or unauthorized use of Personal Data, LDH EUROPE complies with the Applicable Laws and conducts proper security control measures. We also train our employees on how to properly handle Personal Data.
- Transfer of Personal Data Personal Data may be accessed or transferred by LDH EUROPE and other third parties as outlined in this Privacy Statement. For processing your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Statement, we may disclose your personal data to the sponsor of a Contest. The sponsor of a Contest may ask you to sign up for their direct marketing e-mails via the registration form on the Website. This processing activity solely falls under the responsibility of the sponsor and LDH EUROPE accept no liability for this processing activity.
LDH EUROPE occasionally hires other companies to provide limited services on its behalf, including service providers, (potential) business partners and sponsors, and LDH EUROPE will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
In all cases, LDH EUROPE will expressly state why such information is necessary, so that you may provide the information at your own discretion. LDH EUROPE will not disclose Personal Data provided by you to any party, other than LDH EUROPE itself, without prior permission from you.
LDH EUROPE may disclose Personal Data in case such disclosure is mandatory under Applicable Laws or is reasonably judged to be essential in order to protect and safeguard the rights, property and safety of other parties, LDH EUROPE itself, and/or LDH EUROPE's affiliates..
For the purpose of business development or product development, LDH EUROPE may use your Personal Data, though such use shall be limited only to LDH EUROPE itself and LDH EUROPE's affiliates and business partners (e.g. sponsors). LDH EUROPE may use your IP address recorded in the system, in order to explore the cause of or solution to any problem arising in its servers, or to administer its Website(s).
LDH EUROPE may provide (moderated) bulletin boards on its Website(s) where you and others can post messages. Please be aware that your messages and other Personal Data can be disclosed when commenting on the bulletin board and can be viewed by others. LDH EUROPE’s Website(s) may contain links to other websites outside the control of LDH EUROPE. LDH EUROPE is not responsible for the handling of Personal Data of these other websites.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, LDH EUROPE decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its businesses. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of Personal Data to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. It is LDH EUROPE's practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
LDH EUROPE may transfer Personal Data to a third country or international organisations outside of the EU/EEA, such as to the group companies of LDH Europe (“LDH Group”), which shall take place only in compliance with the Applicable Laws, and where appropriate safeguards are in place that ensure the level of protection as required by the Applicable Laws (e.g. transfers on the basis of an adequacy decision, or the signing of standard EU Model clauses).
In certain circumstances, it is possible that Personal Data may be subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders.
- Rights in relation to Personal Data You have a number of rights with regard to your personal data and the processing thereof:
- you have the right to obtain from LDH EUROPE confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to your Personal Data and additional information about the processing of your Personal Data;
- you have the right to request rectification of your Personal Data, for example if your Personal Data is not accurate;
- in certain cases, you have the right to request LDH EUROPE to erase your Personal Data;
- in certain cases, you have the right to obtain from LDH EUROPE restriction of processing of your Personal Data, for example when you have contested the accuracy of your Personal Data;
- upon your request, you have the right to receive your Personal Data which you have provided to LDH EUROPE in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller where the processing is based on your consent or on a contract;
- the right to object to processing of personal data which is based on the legitimate interests of LDH EUROPE. LDH EUROPE shall no longer process the personal data unless LDH EUROPE demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you always have the right to object to processing of personal data for such marketing. In that case, LDH EUROPE shall no longer process your personal data for such purposes;
- you have the right to not be the subject to a decision based solely on automated processing including profiling, which produces legal effects for you or similar significantly affects you; and
- you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (if consent is the basis processing your personal data). Withdrawal will have no retroactive effect, meaning that your consent is no longer valid from the moment it is withdrawn.
You may file a request for access with LDH EUROPE, and LDH EUROPE shall respond as soon as possible, and in any event within one (1) month, about:
- whether LDH EUROPE holds any Personal Data relating to you; and
- if so, information is provided on the purposes of the processing, the categories, the recipients (if applicable) the envisaged period for which the Personal Data will be stored, or the criteria used, the existence of the right to request rectification, erasure, restriction or to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the existence of automated decision-making, where the data is transferred to a third country, the appropriate safeguards and the source(s) of the Personal Data.
Information provided shall be free of charge. You can exercise these rights at reasonable intervals.
You can exercise your rights by contacting LDH EUROPE in writing (see address above) or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LDH EUROPE will comply with your legitimate request if the Personal Data are factually incorrect, incomplete, or irrelevant for the purpose(s) of the data processing, or otherwise processed in violation with the Applicable Laws.
With regard to a request regarding Personal Data, it should be taken into account that LDH EUROPE reserves the right not to comply with such request, if it is incompatible with any legal obligation, if LDH EUROPE is not in the position to identify you, if a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or will adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
If a request is allowed, LDH EUROPE shall execute the decision to correct, amend, erase and/or transport the Personal Data as soon as possible.
In the event of concerns about the handling of Personal Data, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a local supervisory authority (in the Netherlands: Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).